Click here for copy of Monthly Values in PDF format
|VALUES FOR EACH MONTH|
|September||Satsanga/Vivek (Right thinking)/Removal of negative thoughts and cultivation of noble thoughts||Navaratri/Ganesh Pooja
|October||Satyam/Ahimsa/Sense Control/Victory over ego/Light of Knowledge||Gandhi Jayanti
|November||Gratitude/Victory over devilish qualities||Thanks Giving/Karthik Poornima|
|December||Giving/Surrender and act||Christmas/Geeta Jayanti|
|January||Newness/Darkness to Light||New Year/Makara Sankranti|
|March||Unity in Diversity/ Obedience/ Righteousness/ Compassion/ Gratitude||Holi
|May||Titiksa (Endurance)/ Forgiveness/ Self pride/ Oneness of Truth||Mother's Day
|June||Self-Discipline/ Guruseva||Father's Day
Swami Tejomayananda's Birthday
|July||Love for Humility||Guru Poornima|
|August||Introvertedness/ Freedom/ Friendship||Maha-Samadhi
September: SatsangRelationship with Sat (Supreme God, Changeless)
Importance to the changing world goes away
One can accept changes with love and without any tension
IT makes our mind fit for the highest goal of life; i.e. Self-Realization
October: Love/ Compassion Gandhi JayantiLove is to human beings what fragrance is to flower.
True love is free from limitations. Love does not ask but gives.
It is Universal. If we can love one, we can love all. It is known as Devotion.
Ever increasing, never decreasing. Removes the differences and makes one.
Love knows no fault finding, but finds a reason to help.
November: Gratitude-ThanksgivingIf we don't appreciate the person who has given; we won't enjoy what is given
Thanks is for giving.
Be thankful to the Lord as He alone has given the world and the BMI to experience it to gain wisdom.
Ego craves, Diving gives.
Human nature is to give; the Lord made us to give; one true nature is to give.
A person whose nature isn't demanding can only give.
The clouds, rain, sun, trees give without any expectation of receiving anything in return.
Goddess Lakshmi has two open hands, one facing up and other facing down. Upper hand is for receiving and the lower one for giving. So the secret of receiving is giving.
When you give don't remember what you gave.
When you give, give without any expectations.
Even when given bad things we should always give good things.
Giving is forgiving.
January: NewnessMind is always preoccupied with the past: remember "Each moment is a gift from God".
How can we make our life a present?
1. Don’t hold on to the past.
2. Whatever is happening now is good for me! The future is the modified past; the past modified in the present makes the future.
Present moment is always fresh, bobbling with hopes and opportunities. It is a present from the Lord. What we do with it will be our present (Worship) to him.
"The quality of the mind where one is able to understand that nothing is mine but everything is given by God" (Definition by respected Shranji)
"A truly humble person will always recognize the Lord's greatness in every achievement" (Quote by Respected Sharanji)
One doesn't take credit for anything; no Bragging.
February: Dispassion - Shivaratri
Giving up the false understanding regarding a thing or being.
Dispassion comes from understanding the true nature of things.
Dispassion is a diving quality and there is no dependence, no attachment.
Dispassion is being peaceful, happy and cheerful irrespective of the presence or absence of an object. Our happiness does not depend on the presence or absence of the object.
Passion is misunderstanding the person to be the body; attachment arises and this becomes a comfort zone and we feel that this thing is our only source of comfort and we use it for our selfish reasons.
Dispassion brings harmony and selflessness in society.
March: Unity in Diversity - Holi
Among the differences we see the oneness, the one has manifested in many forms.
Accept everyone as they are; enjoy the varieties of life; variety is the spice of life, enjoy the uniqueness of everyone.
Celebration of the differences.
These are all temporary colors which once we take a bath in the ocean of love (devotion) these differences will disappear.
The colors are put with the attitude of love; in the spirit of love not competition.
The variety in nature does not created problems, the differences do not create problems but our incorrect understanding does.
April: Satyam and Fearlessness - Ramanavami
Intellectual Honesty: there is no conflict between mind and intellect.
Sat is truth that doesn't change remains the same in all 3 periods of time.
To understand our true nature is truthfulness, one doesn't identify with the body but lives as the self.
How to practice satyam:
1. Always tell the truth before it is asked.
2. Confession of mistake immediately no hesitation (by lying we are taking revenge on ourselves)
3. Tell truth in a nice manner.
4. Try to help correct the other persons fault.
5. Telling the truth will give you strength.
6. Telling the truth you don't have to remember anything.
7. Telling the truth doesn't create fear.
8. Believe in yourself.
Fear is created by:
1. The sense of losing something.
2. Uncertainty "What is going to happen in the future".
3. Always be ensured that your future will be good.
4. Faith in God will remove uncertainty.
5. Everything is given to us nothing is our own; when there is nothing to lose there is no fear.
May: Love/ Endurance/ Forgiveness/ Oneness of Truth/ Service of the Humanity - Mother's Day/ Gurudev Jayanti/ Shankara Jayanti
June: Self Discipline/ Courage - Father's Day
July: Love for the scripture and Service of the teacher - Guru Poornima
Values against the stories (Tarangini - 3,4,5,6 and Tell Me a Story - 2)
1. Value of Rama Nama - Page 1: JAPA
2. A Mother's Love - Page 5: OBEDIENCE
3. Nahusha - Page 8: HUMILITY
4. Utanga - Page 11: UNITY ( See the oneness in everyone)
5. Three Thirds of Life - Page 14: HUMILITY/PRIDE/ARROGANCE???
6. The dishonest Shopkeeper - Page 16: HONESTY
7. Lame and Bline - Page 18: BROTHERHOOD
8. In Whose hands? - Page 20: DEVOTION
9. Markandeya - Page 23: SINGLEPOINTEDNESS (Working towards your goal)
10. The wish-fulfilling tree - Page 27: PURITY (think good thoughts)
11. Leave it to the Lord - Page 29: FAITH
12. The children of the vessels - Page 31: GRATITUDE
13. The churning of the ocean of milk - Page 34: SHIVRATRIv
1. Mere snapping of fingers - Page 1: DEVOTION
2. Selfishness - Page 6: KINDNESS
3. Pride, the bitter enemy - Page 9 : HUMILITY
4. The wise minister - Page 12: ???
5. The three axes - Page 16: HONESTY
6. All is for our good only - Page 20: GRATITUDE
7. The bird with the broken wig - Page 23: KINDNESS/ COMPASSION
8. A more beautiful pair of eyes - Page 26: DEVOTION
9. When can I see God? - Page 29: DEVOTION
10. The wise choice - Page 32: ???
11. Eat when you are alone - Page 34: GOD IS EVERYWHERE
12. Patience - Page 37: PATIENCE/FORGIVENESS
13. Renunciation - Page 39: FAITH
14. The vanity of the Gods - Page 42: HUMILITY
1. Eat Dear Coat, Eat Dear Hat - Page 1: UNITY (See the oneness)
2. Mrita Sanjeevani Vidya - Page 5: MYTHOLOGY ???
3. Sreesaila Sikhara - Page 11: Faith
4. The Kindly king - Page 15: GENEROSITY/GIVING
5. Fear of death - Page 17: FEARLESS/ COURAGE
6. The power of Satsang - Page 19: SATSANG
7. Nectar from Heaven - Page 23: MYTHOLOGY or HONESTY ???
8. Suka Yogi - Page 29: SINGLEPOINTEDNESS (focus, concentration)???
9. The Merchantsand the Thieves - Page 33: CLEVERNESS ???
10. Parasurama - Page 37: ???
11. Doing God's work - Page 41: RIGHTEOUSNESS
12. Jarasandha - Page 45: ???
1. The Test - Page 1: KINDNESS
2. Word of Authority - Page 4: GURU
3. The two gems - Page 7: GENEROSITY/GIVING
4. Initiation - Page 10: JAPA
5. The three questions - Page 12: LOVE
6. Confidence - Page 17: BROTHERHOOD
7. Ramanuja and the sacred mantra - Page 21: GENEROSITY/GIVING
8. Visbakesa - Page 24: GOD IS EVERY WHERE
9. Gautama Buddha - Page 28: SAINTS
10. The Rishi's Dilemma - Page 32: CLEVERNESS
11. Corrupt officials - Page 34: HUMILITY
12. The needle - Page 36 : DETACHMENT
13. Dharmavyadha - Page 39: RIGHTEOUSNESS
14. Wisdom and action page - Page 43: MOTHER'S DAY
Tell Me a Story - Part II
1. Sahasranama - Page 3: JAPA
2. Destiny of a skull - Page 9: HUMILITY
3. God - Page 16: FAITH???
4. Budhu-Ram - Page 27: HAPPINESS/ HOW TO BE HAPPY
5. Lord, the Creator, an Interview - Page 30: DEVOTION
6. Vertical and Horizontal God - Page 41: UNITY
7. My Uncle - Tell a lie - Page 44: TRUTH
8. The Wise bandicoot - Page 51: CLEVERNESS or HUMILITY ???
9. The magic garden - Page 58: GENEROSITY/ GIVING
10. My Uncle - Kittu, the wise - Page 63: OBEDIENCE
11. Takoreji's Topi - Page 70: DETACHMENT or HUMILITY???
12. Monkey's fast - page 82: SINGLEPOINTEDNESS (focus, concentration)
13. The glass house - Page 83: CLEANLINESS
14. The Mahatma of Kanakapal - Page 88: GRATITUDE
Grouping of stories as per the value (Tarangini 3,4,5,6/ Tell Me a Story – 2)
JAPAValue of Rama Nama: Tarangini 3 Page 1
Initiation: Tarangini 6 Page 10
Sahasranama: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 3?? (devotion or faith ?)
GOD IS EVERYWHEREEat when you are alone: Tarangini 4 Page 34
Visobakesa: Tarangini 6 Page 24
DEATTACHMENTThe Needle: Tarangini 6 Page 36 ??? (Humility?)
Takkoreji's Topi: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 70 ??? (Humility?)
OBEDIENCEA Mother's Love: Tarangini 3 Page 5
My Uncle - Kittu, the Wise: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 63
HUMILITYNahusha: Tarangini 3 Page 8
Three-thirds of Life: Tarangini 3 Page 14 ???
Pride, the bitter enemy: Tarangini 4 Page 9
The vanity of the Gods: Tarangini 4 Page 42
Corrupt Officials: Tarangini 6 Page 34
Destiny of a skull: Tell Me a Story part 2 Page 9
UNITYUtanga: (See the oneness in everyone) Tarangini 3 Pge 11
Eat Coat, Eat Dear Hat: (See the oneness in everyone) Tarangini 5 Page 1
Vertical and Horizontal God: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 41
BROTHERHOOD (Loving, caring, sharing, helping, giving)Lame and Blind: Tarangini 3 Page 18
Confidence: Tarangini 6 Page 17
SINGLEPOINTEDNESSMarkendaya (singlepointedness, working toward your good): Tarangini 3 Part 23
Suka Yogi (Singlepointedness, focus, concentration): Tarangini 5 Page 29 ???
Monkey's fast: (singlepointedness, focus, concentration): Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 82 ???
DEVOTIONIn whose hands: Tarangini 3 Page 20
Mere snapping of fingers: Tarangini 4 Page 1
A more beautiful pair of eyes: Tarangini 4 Page 26
When can I see God: Tarangini 4 Page 29
Lord, the Creator, an Interview: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 30
FAITHLeave it to the Lord: Tarangini 3 Page 29
Renunciation: Tarangini 4 Page 39
Sreesaila Sikhara: Tarangini 5 Page 11
God: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 16?? (Devotion ?)
GURUWord with Authority: Tarangini 6 Page 4
SATSANGThe Power of Satsang: Tarangini 5 Page 19
PURITYThe Wish-fulfilling tree: Tarangini 3 page 27
FEARLESSNESS/ COURAGEFear of Death: Tarangini 5 Page 17
HAPPINESS: HOW TO BE HAPPYBudhu-Ram: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 27??
KINDNESS/ COMPASSIONSelfishness: Tarangini 4 Page 6
The Bird with the broken wing: Tarangini 4 Page 23
The Test: Tarangini 6 Page 1
GIVING/ GENEROSITYThe Kindly King: Tarangini 5 Page 15
The two gems: Tarangini 6 Page 7
Ramanuja and the Sacred Mantra: Tarangini 6 Page 21
The magic garden: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 58
LOVEThe Three Questions: Tarangini 6 Page 12
PATIENCE/ FORGIVENESSPatience: Tarangini 4 Page 37
RIGHTENOUSNESSDoing God’s work: Tarangini 5 Page 41
Dharmavyadha: Tarangini 6 Page 39
TRUTHMy Uncle - Tell a lie: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 44
HONESTYThe Dishonest Shopkeeper: Tarangini 3 Page 16
The three axes: Tarangini 4 Page 16
CLEANLINESSThe Glass House: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 84
CLEVERNESSThe Merchants and the Thieves: Tarangini 5 Page 33???
The Rishi’s Dilemma: Tarangini 6 Page 32
The Wise Bandicoot: Tell Me a Story Part 2 Page 51 ?? (Humility??)
FESTIVALSShivratri: The Churning of the ocean of milk : Tarangini 3 Page 34
Mother's Day: Wisdom and Action: Tarangini 6 Page 43
SAINTSGautama Buddha: Tarangini 6 Page 28
MYTHOLOGYMrita Sanjeevani: Tarangini 5 Page 5 ???
Nectar from Heaven: Tarangini 5 Page 23 (Honesty ??)
??? Means we are not sureThree-thirds of life: Tarangini 3 Page 14
The wise minister: Tarangini 4 Page 12
The wise choice: Tarangini 4 Page 32
Parasurama: Tarangini 5 Page 37
Jarasandha: Tarangini 5 Page 45
Stories not put on list: we were not sure where they belong:
We will review this list with Sharanji to confirm the correct categorizes